JOIN US TODAY
Knight Signs has an immediate opening for a full-time Router / CNC Programmer and Operator. The CNC Machinist produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
As a Router/cnc programmer and orerator at Knight Signs, you will:
- Provide knowledge to others in understanding estimating techniques and
- Programming FLAT BED CNC by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Setting-up tools, attachments, collets, stops.
- Loading feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifying settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintaining specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, facing; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, etc.
- Documenting production by completing production and quality logs.
- Developing layout and plan sequence of operations based on art work and design. Redraw specifications when required using AUTOCAD, FLEXI, ENROUTE
- Planning machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Reviewing stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
You will bring
- Trade Certified or hand-on working knowledge and capability to complete tasks relating to welding, carpentry or electrical
- Ability to read blueprints and communicate and work in a team environment
- Good eye for detail in welding, fabrication and assembly process, in order to ensure that stringent production quality standards are met
- Understanding of sheet metal layout and weld symbols
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and carry at least 15 feet; ability to stand, squat and stoop for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently and to think on your feet to solve issues as they arise
- High attention to detail
- CNC certification from a post-secondary institution
- 3 – 5 years CNC experience within a manufacturing environment
- 3 – 5 years using FlexiExpert, Autocad, Enroutes, Solid Edge or related software
- Clear and concise English language abilities, both written and verbal
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knight Signs will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Rewarding and fast-paced projects
- Opportunity for growth and career development
Please send your resume outlining your related experience and salary expectations to Knight Signs HR Department.
We thank you in advance for expressing your interest. Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be contacted.