JOIN US TODAY
For more than 50 years Knight Signs has worked closely with Canada’s leading architects, retailers, designers and institutions, creating wayfinding and architectural signage solutions with impact and inspiration. Our Delta-based facility has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Estimator to become a part of our team. The Estimator is responsible for preparing estimates, including manufacturing, labor and installation costs for the sales team to secure customer tenders for signs by Knight Signs.
As aN estimator at Knight Signs, you will:
- Provide knowledge to others in understanding estimating techniques and historical information.
- Mentor less experienced estimators in acquiring examples and understanding of how estimating is completed.
- Support other departments in understanding labor costs, material variations and unique situations within the sign industry.
- Analyze drawings and blueprints to prepare estimates for custom manufacturing including materials, labor costs and installation of signage.
- Review artwork and structural/electrical drawings to ensure they are complete with all necessary details.
- Interact with Sales, Project Management, Production, Purchasing and Installation departments to ensure product/installation estimations will meet customer requirements.
- Improve existing designs and create new designs through interaction with sales and graphic designers.
- Resolve conflicting information for purposes of accurate and timely preparation of quotes.
- Review actual labor, material breakdowns and develop standard estimation models and procedures.
- Pull costs from previous estimates whenever possible to speed up the quote process.
- Support sales department with insight into overall general cost information.
- Send out quote request to subcontractors for specialized work.
You will bring
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Proven innovative problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and supply chain best practices.
- Effective communications skills, with the ability to listen and persuade.
- Analytical thinking with very good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Takes initiative, strong work ethic, can execute and gets things done.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines; prioritize and plan work accordingly.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar environment.
- Sound knowledge of estimating practices and manufacturing processes. Experience with manufacturing processes and machinery, aluminum/steel fabrication and quality assurance systems.
- Estimating certificate or post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering is an asset.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Proficiency with MS Office, strength with MS Excel, Quoting or ERP Systems, etc.
- Clear and concise English language abilities, both written and verbal.
Knight Signs will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Rewarding and fast-paced projects
- Opportunity for growth and career development
Please send your resume outlining your related experience and salary expectations to Knight Signs HR Department.
We thank you in advance for expressing your interest. Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be contacted.