JOIN US TODAY
For more than 50 years Knight Signs has worked closely with Canada’s leading architects, retailers, designers and institutions, creating way-finding and architectural signage solutions with impact and inspiration.
Knight Signs has an immediate opening for the Estimator. This is a full time position.
As An estimator at Knight Signs, you will:
The Estimator is responsible for preparing estimates, including manufacturing, labor and installation costs for the sales team to secure customer tenders for signs by Knight Signs.
- Provide knowledge to others in understanding estimating techniques and historical information.
- Mentor less experienced estimators in acquiring examples and understanding of how estimating is completed.
- Support other departments in understanding labor costs, material variations and unique situations within the sign industry.
- Analyze drawings and blueprints to prepare estimates for custom manufacturing including materials, labor costs and installation of signage.
- Review artwork and structural/electrical drawings to ensure they are complete with all necessary details.
- Interact with Sales, Project Management, Production, Purchasing and Installation departments to ensure product/installation estimations will meet customer requirements.
- Improve existing designs and create new designs through interaction with sales and graphic designers.
- Resolve conflicting information for purposes of accurate and timely preparation of quotes.
- Review actual labor, material breakdowns and develop standard estimation models and procedures.
- Pull costs from previous estimates whenever possible to speed up the quote process.
- Support sales department with insight into overall general cost information.
- Send out quote request to subcontractors for specialized work.
You will bring :
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or engineering technology, fabrication or ticketed trade such as carpentry, welding, electrical, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar environment.
- Sound knowledge of estimating practices and manufacturing processes. Experience with manufacturing processes and machinery, aluminum/steel fabrication and quality assurance systems.
- Estimating certificate or post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering is an asset.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Proficiency with MS Office, strength with MS Excel, Quoting or ERP Systems, etc.
- Clear and concise English language abilities, both written and verbal.
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Proven innovative problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and supply chain best practices.
- Effective communications skills, with the ability to listen and persuade.
- Analytical thinking with very good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Takes initiative, strong work ethic, can execute and gets things done.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines; prioritize and plan work accordingly.
Knight Signs will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Rewarding and fast-paced projects
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Secure long term employment with opportunity for advancement
- Extended Medical Benefit coverage after initial three months
If you are interested in being considered for our exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to the Knight Signs HR Department. We thank you in advance for expressing your interest.