JOIN US TODAY
Knight Signs has an opening for Painter. This is a full time position.
We are currently searching for an experienced Painter to join our production team. The successful candidate will have industrial painting experience working within a production or shop environment, specifically painting construction substrates. With a minimum of 3 years of experience, the Painter will:
As a painter at Knight Signs, you will:
- Work with paint suppliers to determine best paint options for Knight Signs. Keep up to date with new products and technologies in the industry.
- Notify Buyer of paint and chemical order to ensure inventory levels are kept available.
- Keep adequate level of spray equipment tips and parts available and notify Buyer or requirements.
- Check order from packing slip while putting away stock.
- Record or log paint color numbers into data base or record management system.
- Review design and layout of Shop Drawing or blueprint to understand color requirements. Bring any concerns to supervisor
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required
- Promote high standards of quality, following painting and drying standards
- Prepare, prime, sand, seal and paint substrates. Touch up when required
- Prepare color matches and document formula by weight
- Ensure dry time and air flow is adequate based on paint type and technique
- Set a good example for other painters to follow and assist where needed
- Inspect product throughout the process for quality assurance and correction
- Clean and maintain equipment and area to prevent wear on tools and equipment and or accidents.
You will bring :
- 3 years of industrial painting experience
- Previous experience in production or shop environment
- Detail oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, efficient and accurate working habits
- Computer knowledge
Knight Signs will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Rewarding and fast-paced projects
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Secure long term employment with opportunity for advancement
- Extended Medical Benefit coverage after initial three months
If you are interested in being considered for our exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to the Knight Signs HR Department. We thank you in advance for expressing your interest.