JOIN US TODAY
For more than 50 years Knight Signs has worked closely with Canada’s leading architects, retailers, designers and institutions, creating way-finding and architectural signage solutions with impact and inspiration.
Knight Signs has an opening for Prepress / Print Operator to join our fast growing professional team. This is a full time position.
As A prepress / print operator at Knight Signs, you will:
The Prepress / Print Operator will be responsible for creation of all print files as well as the operation and maintenance of our new top of the line UV flatbed printer.
- Colour profiling
- Examine files from our art department
- Prepare files and create electronic and/or hard copy proofs for customer approval
- Process work orders and files for digital print to maximize time and material usage
- Ensure materials are in stock at all times
- Daily operation of UV flatbed printer
- Daily maintenance of UV flatbed printer
- Daily calibrations on printer
- Colour profiling
- Quality control checks on materials prior to printing
- Quality control checks on all printed products before handling off to production
You will bring :
Our ideal candidate possesses a great attitude, has excellent organizational and communication skills, enjoys working in a team environment and has a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Experience with graphic design and Adobe software on Mac & PC platforms is a plus but we would be willing to train the right person. A strong understanding of file management and automated work flows is also an asset.
Knight Signs will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Rewarding and fast-paced projects
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Secure long term employment with opportunity for advancement
- Extended Medical Benefit coverage after initial three months
If you are interested in being considered for our exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to the Knight Signs HR Department. We thank you in advance for expressing your interest.